Pokemon Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character creation: Demo Borakoff
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:51 pm by Demo_Exp

» 'Field Work'
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm by gmoyes

» Mystery Gift
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm by Son_of_Shadows

» Alex Morgan
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm by Nishwishes

» Quiz Master Corner
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am by Marion Ette

» One Last Look
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 am by Son_of_Shadows

» From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 am by Gemini Spark

» Yours is the light by which my spirit's born.
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am by Nishwishes

» Into the New World
From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm by Nishwishes

From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!

2 posters

Go down

From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! Empty From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!

Post by Gemini Spark Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 am

Today was the day. Ryan Alurick woke up in his bedroom, realizing this would likely be the last time in a long while he would do so in this house. His college degree, signifying the knowledge he had in Dark-type Pokemon, hung prominently on his wall, while his C-Gear, Xtransceiver, and Pokedex lay on his desk beside his computer, all three devices fully charged and ready to use for the journeys ahead. Elsa, the Snivy he was given from Prof. Juniper fourteen years ago, was still curled up at the window near the foot of his bed, her leaf-tail soaking up the rays of the bright morning sun. Ryan smiled at Elsa; she had always liked a few extra minutes under the sun before she arose and began her day, but this wasn't an ordinary day. He had graduated from college about a year ago and had been working at the Village Bridge Restaurant in order to pay off the student loans and have a little cash left over for his journey. During those times he would leave Elsa to her own devices, which mostly meant her basking in the sun then waiting for her trainer to return with a small treat before doing some training. Today would be different...

"Elsa..." he whispered as he gently stroked her back so she wouldn't be too rudely awakened. "Come on, girl, time to wake up~" Elsa moaned before stretching out her body, ready to give as big a yawn a Snivy could before she stood up, rubbed her eyes with her vines, and turned to greet Ryan. "Sni... snivy...?" she asked tiredly, which Ryan understood as her asking why he would interrupt her precious naptime. "Aw, don't tell me you forgot; we start our adventure today, remember?" That perked her up a little! "Sni? Sni snivy~" she hissed happily. "Ah, now you remember!" Ryan couldn't help giving the odd chide once in a while. "Well, come on, let's get packed up and say goodbye to our family, okay?" "Sni," she nodded before jumping off the windowsill to help him pack.

After all the necessary supplies were packed--the aforementioned Pokedex, C-Gear, and Xtransceiver, as well as extra clothes, emergency rations, medicines, and five Pokeballs, among other things--Ryan let Elsa climb up his arm so she could rest on his shoulder, then went downstairs to first meet his mother and the family's Seviper, Radish, who was helping Mom with breakfast by using her Flamethrower as a means of cooking eggs and bacon. "Oh, Ryan, good to see you up!" said Mom, who was notified by Radish that the food was done. "Morning, Mom! Morning, Radish!" he greeted his caretakers, whereupon Elsa and Radish also exchanged greetings to each other. "So, you're really going to do it, aren't you?" his mom asked with a tone that said she was proud of her son, but at the same time sad he was growing up and moving on with his life, he could tell she was going to miss him. "Yeah, that's right." A little part of Ryan wished along with Mom that he could stay, but the world of Pokemon had gone on long enough without his contribution. He would show them that Dark-type Pokemon and, of course, snake Pokemon were creatures to be marveled instead of being feared or cast aside and left to rot away. "Well, I guess I should get going, huh?" he said with a sad smile, but he didn't even get to turn towards the door when-

"Se, vipaa!" Radish hissed sternly at Ryan and Elsa, then pointed her tail blade toward the dining room table. "But Radish..."

"Oh, don't 'But Radish' her, young man!" Mom was adamantly enforcing her Seviper's command with a smile. "She's got the right idea, you're not to leave this house without eating breakfast!" He chuckled and gave an "All right," before setting his backpack down on the nearby living room couch and taking his place at the dinner table. Even without Mom's iron-hard rule about eating before leaving, it was never a good idea to leave a meal prepared by Radish behind, lest it be considered an insult to the Fang Snake's cooking. While he and Mom were busy with his eggs and bacon, and Elsa with her hard-boiled Torchic egg, Radish slithered over to the meat locker to grab herself a whole Watchog to gulp down for her meal. Normally, a Seviper would not have such free reign of a family house, and especially not where the meats were stored, but Ryan's mother has owned Radish for over 30 years and has given her a good sense of self-control in that time, so much so that she is a loyal and trusted Pokemon and treated as part of the family. "Oh, before I forget..." Mom excused herself from the table in order to grab a package from the living room and return back to the dining room. "Here, it's from Megan!"

"Megan?" Ryan asked. She had been a friend of his for years despite favoring Zangoose more than Seviper, and, while he went to college to learn about Dark-type Pokemon, she became a Pokemon Coordinator, travelling the world and representing the Unova region in Pokemon Contests across the world. He opened the package and found a brand new Luxury Ball inside, along with a letter:

Dear Ryan,

I hope you are doing well, and Elsa too, I guess! I hear from your mother you're about to start adventuring as a Trainer, that's great news! I just thought I'd like to send you a little something; hope it gets to you before you head off~ It was a prize for reaching second in the Goldenrod City Contest last week, and I feel you need it more than I do. So, if you can catch a Pokemon with that special Pokeball, it'll become your best friend from Day 1, or so I hear. I hope you find a good use for it and catch a great Pokemon with it~

Your friend,

Megan

Sure enough, a Luxury Ball was a great prize to give to people, so giving one to someone says just how important they are to you. So, with the extra Pokeball properly stored and breakfast finished, it was finally time to bid farewell. Before that, Ryan had to expect a big hug from his mother coming, though Radish's loving embrace in her powerful coils was certainly something for him and Elsa to look forward to as well. So with that Ryan opened the door outside and walked out with Elsa sitting on his shoulder again, crossing the bridge so he would be able to make it to Castelia City slightly faster. First stop would be Lacunosa Town and the first opportunity for a Pokemon Center the pair would have...

Gemini Spark

Back to top Go down

From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! Empty Re: From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!

Post by Marion Ette Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 pm

After enjoying a delicious meal prepared by Radish the Seviper, opening a package from his dear friend Megan and giving his mother an emotional goodbye, Ryan sets off with his partner Elsa on a journey to Castelia City. Leaving behind his scenic home of Village Bridge and the calm, quiet sounds of the waves bathing the edge of the riverbanks beneath the 200-year-old structure, Ryan finds himself on the hilly grasslands of Route 12. Fortunately for Ryan and Elsa, they had chosen a beautiful day to begin their journey, and the sun was shining brightly, reflecting off the tall grass and filling Elsa with delicious sustenance. He would need to make it through Route 12 in order to reach the Pokemon Center in Lacunosa Town. Thankfully, Elsa was looking vivacious and healthy for now.

In the distance, Ryan can see that a group of young trainers has gathered atop one of the small hills on the Route, shouting excitedly. "Meloetta! We found Meloetta!" 

"Oh my Arceus, she's sooooooo pretty!" 

"Should we catch her? Is... is it legal?"

"I've never seen a legendary before! Wow, she's so... so different!"

It is hard for Ryan to tell, but it does seem as if the group is surrounding some sort of Pokemon, with pale, green hair and baby blue eyes...
Marion Ette
Marion Ette

Back to top Go down

From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey! Empty Re: From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!

Post by Gemini Spark Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 am

Now that Village Bridge was fully in hindsight, Ryan and Elsa were able to enjoy the calm, summer breeze and the shimmering sunlight Route 12 provided. Elsa in particular enjoyed the sun's rays; if taste could be used to describe solar energy, she would say it tasted like candy for humans, yet it didn't have the setbacks such confections had, such as sugar crashes and weight gain. The peaceful walk through the hills began to build some excitement, however, when they noticed a group of trainers gathered around something.

"Meloetta! We found Meloetta!" 

"Oh my Arceus, she's sooooooo pretty!" 

"Should we catch her? Is... is it legal?"

"I've never seen a legendary before! Wow, she's so... so different!"

"Meloetta?" Ryan asked himself. There was a good amount of skepticism in him, but there was definitely a Pokemon in the middle of the group, and it had green hair and blue eyes. From where he was, though, he wasn't going to be able to figure out for sure if it was a Meloetta or some other Pokemon. "Sounds interesting. What do you think, Elsa, should we take a closer look?" he asked his Snivy. Elsa just shrugged her shoulders, she didn't care one way or another as long as she had sunlight on her body and continued to lay draped over his shoulder. "All right, I'll take that as a yes," he said before moving in. Meloetta wasn't exactly a Pokemon he was interested in, but encounters with Legendary Pokemon were once-in-a-lifetime experiences and not something to pass up lightly. "Hey there!" he greeted the group of trainers. "You said you found a Meloetta, may I see it?"

Gemini Spark

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Ette Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Ryan is immediately skeptical of the young trainers' excited claims, and rightfully so; the chances of actually spotting the legendary Meloetta were very slim, indeed. Even so, what harm was there in investigating, especially if the trainers were telling the truth? Elsa gives an apathetic shrug, willing to go anywhere as long as she can enjoy the sunlight atop her beloved trainer's shoulder. Deciding to translate his Pokemon's apathy as agreement, Ryan moves closer to the group, greeting the trainers jovially. At this distance, it's clear that the Pokemon the group is surrounding is a lady-like creature in short, black dress, with a graceful posture and demure gaze. She seems to enjoy the attention the trainers are giving her, enchanting them with her sweet smile and melodic laugh. The two boys and two girls gathered around Meloetta turn to Ryan with a suspicious look. After an awkward pause, one of the girls clears her throat, taking the lead for her friends.

"Sorry, mister, but we found her. Until we decide what to do with her, we can't show anyone else. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, what she said," adds one of the boys. "If someone's gonna catch her, it's gonna be- Oh, look!"

The other trainers immediately turn their attention back to Meloetta, who has taken in a deep breath. She opens her mouth to Sing the most beautiful and haunting melody that Ryan has ever heard; a melody that will likely haunt him in his dreams for years to come. In fact, the melody resonates so deeply within his heart that he can't help but feel anger when Elsa wraps herself behind Ryan's neck, blocking both of his ears! Was the grass snake jealous of the attention Ryan was giving the Meloetta? Was she not a fan of music? Elsa clearly seems to be banging her hands against her jawbones to disturb the vibrations coming into her head; as a snake, she likely does not hear the music as Ryan does, and only senses the vibrations of it. Perhaps those vibrations disturb her... but that was no reason for her to prevent Ryan's enjoyment of the music!

Either way, the trainers are completely enthralled by the Meloetta. The music raises their hearts and lifts their spirits; in fact, Ryan imagines this must be one of the happiest moments of their lives. If only he could join in their euphoria...
Marion Ette
Marion Ette

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Spark Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 am

Now that Ryan and Elsa were closer to the group and the Pokemon in the middle of it, he could get a better look at Meloetta, the Melody Pokemon. With her short, black dress and a beauty befitting the "pop idol" of the Pokemon world, he was able to confirm that it was indeed her. Two boys and two girls were around her, all of them younger than Ryan and were a little uneasy about this admittedly shifty-looking adult with a Snivy on his shoulder.

"Sorry, mister, but we found her," one of the girls finally says. "Until we decide what to do with her, we can't show anyone else. I'm sorry."

"Oh, that's fine," replied Ryan. "I can get a good look at her from here." He didn't admit that he was really checking to make sure it was a real Meloetta or if it was an imposter.

"Yeah, what she said," one of the two boys chimes in. "If someone's going to catch her, it's gonna be- Oh, look!"

Attention was drawn back toward Meloetta as she inhaled before Singing: "Meee-lo-le-e-lo-le-lee-looo-o-ee-taaaa..."

"Wow, it's... it's beautiful," Ryan remarked, seemingly entranced by this song that pierced the soul. Elsa wasn't as impressed; in fact, for whatever reason known only to her at the time, she used her entire body to cover up Ryan's ears! "Eh- Elsa, this isn't the best time to play games with you, I'm trying to listen!" he scolded his Snivy as he tried to push her off his ears, but her coils weren't budging. He also noticed she was covering her own pin-sized ears with her hands; maybe she couldn't stand listening to it? Still, that didn't give her the right to keep Ryan from hearing the music too! 

"Elsa, stop! No, off!" he kept scolding her as he kept trying to break her hold on his head, but her embrace was locked solidly as she squeezed against his hands. Finally, she hissed a "Vee!" at Ryan then looked at him in the eyes while holding her ears with a look that said, "Trust me!" He hadn't seen that look from Elsa in years; the first time he had seen it was when it was a particularly difficult time in his life and he was feeling down due to the arduously long stay at the hospital. It was that stare that inspired him and allowed him to persevere through the hospital until he was free to live his own life again. He continued to look at Elsa as Meloetta's music stayed muffled to him; there had to be a good reason for her to do this, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. "...Okay," he relented. "I don't know what you're thinking, but ... I'll trust you, I guess." He looked over at the four kids who looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves. He was certainly jealous of them for the moment, but would that change according to what was going on in Elsa's mind?

Gemini Spark

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Ette Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Ryan is not phased by the children's reluctance to show him their newfound capture. Instead, he is simply content to watch from a respectable distance. After all, his intention was not to steal their capture, but rather verify whether or not the Pokemon they had surrounded was actually Meloetta. Indeed, given Ryan's inspection, it seems as if the young trainers have found a beautiful legendary Pokemon... and if her looks don't prove it, her incredible voice certainly does. In contrast, Elsa seems to thoroughly dislike the haunting aria, and attempts to block the sound from Ryan's ears. Though Ryan makes some attempts at removing the stubborn Snivy, her coils hold fast. Finally, she hisses in indignation and gives him a deep, meaningful look, urging him to trust her on this. It was not a look given lightly; in fact, the last time Elsa gave Ryan this expression, it was during a difficult stay in the hospital that seemed to stretch on for an eternity. Elsa had inspired him to keep fighting, despite the seemingly endless days and nights confined to that sterile room. If she was looking at him this way now... Well, it means that she was serious about what she was doing, to say the least. It was this expression that allowed Ryan to finally relent in his attempts to pry Snivy from his ears, and trust in his starter's judgment. Of course, it was not an easy decision for Ryan, as he watches the young trainers' eyes sparkle with delight and joy. Their look of sheer bliss evokes immediate envy from Ryan, but Elsa remains firm in her role as living earplugs.

A few moments go by, as Ryan jealously looks on at the performance... Only to watch as the young trainers' eyes begin to grow dull and weighted, as they sway with a sudden bout of tiredness. The Sing attack was beginning to take hold; fortunately for Ryan, the sound was muffled enough that he avoids collapsing to the ground like the other young trainers, though enough of the sleep-inducing sound leaks through to make Ryan feel uncharacteristically drowsy. Even Elsa feels heavier on Ryan's shoulders despite her attempts at drowning the noise out. The sense of drowsiness is strong enough that Ryan finds it difficult to react as the Meloetta's serene, graceful face turns dark and sinister, as the Meloetta flies toward the trainers' bags, raiding them of their berries and shoving them into her mouth like a hungry Gulpin, with berry juice stains streaming down her white face. For a beautiful Meloetta, she certainly wasn't acting very graceful right now!

Meloetta turns toward Ryan with a demented smirk, her eyes on his bag. He and Elsa still feel as if they've been up all night despite their good night's sleep, though the initial, overpowering drowsiness is beginning to fade... Best to overcome it before Ryan ends up berriless!
Marion Ette
Marion Ette

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Spark Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 am

Ryan lost his jealousy when the four kids suddenly started swaying and looking sleepy from Meloetta's music. It didn't affect Ryan and Elsa as much since both their ears were muffled thanks to Elsa's ingenuity, but it still affected both of them and made them very tired. At least they didn't outright fall asleep like the other four trainers, allowing them to see a dark side to this Meloetta: with a very mischievous grin, she began to rummage through the trainers' bags, scarfing down any berries she found!

She then turned to Ryan, eyeing her next victim's bag with covetous glee. The drowsiness he and Elsa felt before was starting to wear off, but they still weren't feeling at their best. If they tried to fight Meloetta in their current condition, there was a considerable risk of them losing and her getting away. Worse still, the younger trainers might notice the berries, Meloetta, and the pair gone and accuse them of stealing their berries when they woke up! Of course, Ryan and Elsa could always give in to their exhaustion and just become more victims to criminal desires unbecoming a Legendary Pokemon. However, they had a chance here and now to stop Meloetta from becoming a further problem in the future, maybe get her to answer for her crimes. "Melo... Meloetta..." he slurred through his words as he stumbled toward the Melody Pokemon. "You're not... not gonna... get away with this. Elsa, are you..." he pauses to yawn, continuing to get his energy back, "...ready to battle?"

"Sni... vy!" she said after some effort to wake herself up.

"Okay then, try Leering at Meloetta. If she tries to sing again, cover her mouth up with Vine Whip, then try to use your catch to Tackle her." This was Ryan and Elsa's first real battle, but it was against a Legendary Pokemon. Not only that, Ryan still wasn't thinking with complete clarity. He tried slapping himself to snap out of it, but would that be enough for him to get his head into the battle?

Gemini Spark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum