Pokemon Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character creation: Demo Borakoff
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:51 pm by Demo_Exp

» 'Field Work'
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm by gmoyes

» Mystery Gift
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm by Son_of_Shadows

» Alex Morgan
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm by Nishwishes

» Quiz Master Corner
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am by Marion Ette

» One Last Look
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 am by Son_of_Shadows

» From Village Bridge! The True Beginning of One Man's Journey!
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 am by Gemini Spark

» Yours is the light by which my spirit's born.
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am by Nishwishes

» Into the New World
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm by Nishwishes

Yours is the light by which my spirit's born.

2 posters

Go down

Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. Empty Yours is the light by which my spirit's born.

Post by Marion Ette Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 am

The sound of violent coughing echoes through the ashy slope of Route 113, as a dark-haired woman named Laelia fruitlessly attempts to clear her throat of the accumulated dark particles that have flown into her respiratory system over the course of her ascent of the hilly route toward Fallarbor Town. Ever since the young woman made the impulsive decision to leave her hometown of Mossdeep City in the middle of the night with a small collection of her belongings, leaving only a couple of hastily-written letters behind, she had dealt with some interesting weather conditions on her journey. The nocturnal trainer had experienced cool, calm evenings as well as torrential night rains, and even punishing sandstorms which left her feeling beaten and bruised, though the stinging sand in her eyes was nowhere near as painful as this awful, terrible ash. In sharp contrast to the miserable, soot-covered trainer, a silent, rock-like Pokemon seems completely unconcerned with the ash surrounding him; instead, he seems far more interested in keeping a Moon Stone orbiting around his body as his poor trainer nearly hacks out a lung. Indeed, the young woman's Lunatone, Endy, had seemed remarkably unphased by the majority of their adventure so far; the brutal sandstorms had left him unscathed given his typing, and the heavy rains seemed to wash right off of him. As long as the pair traveled at night, Endy was as happy as a sentient rock from outer space could be... and tonight, Endy could see that the moon was almost half full, and growing fuller all the time. The bright white half-orb reflected in his eerie red eyes, even as the heavy torrent of ash threatened to obscure the moon from view.

How can you stand all this ash? Laelia thinks as she turns to her Lunatone; despite her continuous coughing, her thoughts ring out loud and clear to the psychic Pokemon. I know you don't breathe, but isn't it at least getting in your eyes?

It seems to me that humans are remarkably sensitive to their own planet's atmosphere. I have even heard that they would perish on the moon without special suits to keep them safe. How silly. the Lunatone responds in the deadpan voice that had been echoing in Laelia's head ever since she was a child. Imagine you in a Lunar dust storm... Ignoring the fact that the lack of oxygen alone would be enough to kill a carbon-based life form such as yourself. Perhaps I should try teleporting some humans on the moon and seeing how long they would last... Endy's thoughts go silent, as the moon-like creature presumably muses over the thought of his experiment.

Teleport people to the moon? Endy, you couldn't even teleport us to Meteor Falls. My lungs are killing me! Laelia narrows her eyes, as the Lunatone continues to orbit his moonstone around him.

The moon is not full enough, Laelia. You know this. You also know that my capacities are greatly limited by my inexperience and youth. There will be time for that, I assure you. In the meantime, perhaps you should invest in some sort of breathing apparatus.

Where am I going to get that? And with what cash? Laelia sighs as she is met with silence from her expressionless partner. That's what I thought.

As long as we arrive at Meteor Falls without significant damage, there is no great cause for concern, the Lunatone finally thinks. Perhaps the exposure to such strong solar and lunar influences will help clear your mind and direct you to the answers you seek.

That's the problem, Endy... Laelia tries to sigh, but finds herself violently coughing once again. How do I find the answers when I don't even know the question that I'm asking? As far as I know, I'm just trying to get away from my old life... I'm not really going TOWARDS anything.

The Lunatone nods solemnly. Perhaps you will find questions, then. I am sure there will be plenty where we are going. Meteor Falls is a place of great mystery for you humans, or so I am told.

Oh? Laelia tilts her head a bit. And I assume you know the answers to those questions?

Know is not the right word, the Lunatone responds after a bit of silence. It is difficult to explain. It is a part of us; it is akin to how you humans breathe and maintain a constant heartbeat without thinking. That is how it is for us. It is both beneath and beyond consciousness, this place. Perhaps one day, you will understand.

You really think so, Endy? You think I could understand the great mysteries of your kind? Laelia's eyes light up; it was not often that the Lunatone gave Laelia that kind of confidence... but the Lunatone did not see fit to respond.
Marion Ette
Marion Ette

Back to top Go down

Yours is the light by which my spirit's born. Empty Re: Yours is the light by which my spirit's born.

Post by Nishwishes Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am

Taking on Route 113 is a challenge, to say the least. Laelia could have been better prepared, from the clothes she wore or simply from wearing goggles or a mask to prevent blinding and choking. Lunatone does nothing, or maybe just wasn’t able, to help. Perhaps this is for the best, though, what with a whole journey yet to unfold. Hopefully it brings the trainers the answers she seeks, and provides more intriguing mysteries to solve. Endymion seems sure it will, and not only that, but he gives rare comfort and compliment to his partner.

With the sandstorm so harsh, there’s no telling how much further there is to traverse towards Fallabor Town. Laelia had already made it quite far considering Mossdeep City was the starting point, but that just means aching and impatience is already setting in, and it’s harder to focus on keeping alert.

Which is a problem, considering Laelia’s sure that there is something small, and swift, darting around the duo, unconcerned by the sandstorm pelting it. A ninja hiding in the sands, maybe? Or a small Pokemon also able to handle the weather condition? Whatever it is, it’s quick, and Laelia feels tiny claws swipe at her ankle, tearing away some material from her clothes.

What do they do?

Nishwishes

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum